It's all about the angle.

Today is a lesson in what it takes to get the proper angle. The number one goal in photography is to find the best light. Essentially, that's what a photographic image is. It's how you see light and tell the camera to capture it. No light=no image.

As a photographer, I am committed to capturing the best light no matter what situation I'm in. Sometimes to get great light I have to contort myself into very strange positions, and I believe I may look a bit strange from time to time. I would like to believe that I will do anything to get the perfect shot, despite my fears (which my list of fears is quite long, so it's often a battle). The wonderful thing about having a camera in my hand however, is that my fears are conquered without too much delay. More often than not, it's the fear of what people think of me as I get into strange positions.


The other day I did a photo shoot for my friend Patrick, he breeds hunting dogs and so he brought the dogs over and we had a some fun running the dogs and getting pictures of them doing their retrieving thing. Here is a great example of me doing something weird, but doing it to get the perfect angle.
Left: this is what I see   Right: this is the weird thing that everyone else sees.
Top: this is what I see      Bottom: this is me braving the field that may have snakes in it, and looking kinda weird.

Comments

katie_marie said…
I really love the picture of your boots!! I love to color on them... You do such a great job :)
Unknown said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said…
Two thumbs up for Chelsea Lynn Photography!! The dogs loved "posing" for you

Popular Posts