My new hobby

I have always wanted to learn how to sew. Sometimes when I'm at Hobby Lobby I wander into the fabric section and look at all of the fabrics and ribbons and buttons and patterns and wish that someday the skill would magically enter my head and my hands would know just what to do. I've had some pretty sorry attempts at sewing, when a fabric called to me and I pretended I knew what I was doing while telling the lady at the fabric counter how much fabric to cut. I've even bought a little sewing kit complete with red pushpin and colorful pins. Just looking at my sewing kit sends me into a mini daydream about becoming a rockstar seamstress.

No matter how much I wish it, knowing how to sew doesn't just happen. I have all of these projects in my head, purses and dresses and t-shirt quilts...none of them have happened. Until now...

Goldthwaite is turning out to be a really great place. Every day gets better and better. What are the odds that in this random small Texas town of 1800 people I would meet someone my own age with a great sense of humor and a love of...you guessed it. Sewing! My new friend Emily is a terrific seamstress and can make all kinds of cool things on a sewing machine. Best part of it is, she's teaching me to sew! My first project is a pair of  pot holders. We went to the fabric store in Austin a few days ago and wandered around looking for the perfect combination of fabrics for my first sewing project. We went home that night and got down to business.

I'm proud to introduce for the very first time...



Stay tuned to see the finished product...

Comments

Teresa said…
These are just darling! and they look like good Christmas presents...I'll have green please! :)
Unknown said…
Great job! I'm sure you'll have many more fun projects to come.

Popular Posts