To be or not to be?

So today I'm hanging out at Barnes and Noble for a bit of a change of pace. And I wanted to read a new book while I did some work on the old laptop. The book I found is called The 22 Immutable Laws of Marketing. It's really interesting ( I think I may be turning into my dad a little with boring to everyone else/interesting to me book thing.) As I'm reading these immutable laws, they are totally making sense. Law of leadership, law of perspective, law of the mind, etc. I'm thinking of all the different things I can do to integrate these things into my marketing strategy and business plan. And then I move on from the simple thoughts of business strategy, to the thought of what does all of this mean to me? Why am I doing any of this? Am I running my own business so that I can make a million dollars and tell people that? Am I doing this so that at my 10 year high school reunion I can go home and show off to all my friends what a successful business person and artist I have become? Admit it, we all think about our high school reunions and how we have to show up more awesome than we were in high school. I know I'm not alone in this. Am I doing this to satisfy my life long curiosity of what it would be like to be famous?

I think all those reasons are wrapped up in my thought process somewhere. But I hope that also wrapped up in there, and perhaps I should make a greater effort for this to become THE reason and not A reason, is the simple fact that I am doing what God created me to do and by doing what He created me to do, I am bringing HIM glory, NOT me. I mean, being purposed as a creator by THE Creator is a pretty cool thing. I pray I don't turn that into a worldly, consumeristic thing.

(Stay tuned for some cool things next week. New business cards, new sample album, and more!)

Comments

Unknown said…
Great BOOK!! Branner has it on CD and we have listened to it a few times! Soak it up!! I LOVE YOU!
Teresa said…
I'm still totally loving your blog. Lots of your posts speak to me in what I'm dealing with in my own life. Keep on sweet girl, you are on the right path. Love you!
Zane said…
What do you mean 'boring to everyone else'? I don't get it.
Zane said…
Also - I think you should take pictures because people out there are looking for good picture takers and you're that. Don't overthink it.

xoxo

Popular Posts