Coming down the mountain

Well, we drove down the mountain yesterday. I always have a hard time on that drive, whether literally driving down a mountain or figuratively leaving a time of rest with the Lord. Yesterday was a literal drive down a steep, winding mountain. There was a worship CD playing in our vehicle and I was lost in thought as I soaked in the breathtaking scenery one last time. My heart was hurting as I prepared myself for the real world. Last week absolutely changed my life. I made relationships with some amazing friends that became family in a matter of days. The Holy Spirit moved in my life like I have never experienced before. To give an example, I actually stood up in front of the group on the last night and shared my testimony of what the Lord had done in me. Me, standing up in a group of people I didn't even know a few days ago. God works miracles, that's for sure.

I know that it's unrealistic to think that we could live on a mountaintop. As much as the selfish me wishes that it was possible, I know the Lord has us live in the valley, where real life happens. I was blessed beyond measure to experience a time of rest. I went up the mountain tired and weary, worn down by the lies of the enemy. I came down it a new creation, renewed in strength, ready to live in the valley and share the light and love I experienced on that mountaintop.

Comments

Unknown said…
Hey Chels. I am so glad you've had such an amazing time. I've always struggled with socializing with other groups like you did. I wish someday I can experience the same transformation you have. I can't wait until you get back and you can tell us all of your amazing stories! Drive safe!
Unknown said…
So proud of you Chelsea!
Your testimony was awesome. Yay God!
Unknown said…
so powerful! so glad you shared what God had on your heart.. you are beautiful girl!! megan and i will for sure have to come to lubbock soon!
Unknown said…
I feel the same way chelsea! God was able to lift off the weight we all had on our shoulders to leave lighter and free. Thank you for sharing your amazing testimony. I'm so blessed to have met you and can't wait to keep up our friendship!
Kimberly Chau said…
Whew! Glad you got down the mountain safely AND renewed! It's great to see how God worked in each of us on top of that mountain. It's even better to know that He has given us strength towards a new life that celebrates His kingdom. :)

Popular Posts