I Thought of a Hundred Different Titles Today.

And if I could use all of them, I would. You know the Red Bull slogan, "Red Bull gives you wings!"? Well, it's safe to that my personal slogan could be "Photography gives me wings!" Like for reals. I almost become a different person. I'm small talky and chat with strangersy and shake handsy and introduce myselfy...and who am I? I am not the shy, fearful that no one will like me person. Sure, I don't mind skipping the after parties to get to bed early-let's not get crazy here. But I sure do have a wave of confidence and peace as I sit next to people I don't know and then end up praying with them a few hours later. (Of course, we really should attribute that to the work of the Holy Spirit, cuz I don't do that on my own)

As the day rushed it's way past me, I tried to grab and hold onto every important moment that was flying by. I wanted to have a stellar blog post tonight, to equal the stellar day I've experienced this day in February. So of course, as something awesome was happening, I was trying to come up with blog titles that would be be the perfect balance of relevant and clever. I'll give you a sampling.

I Guess I'm Not Afraid to be Myself Anymore.

I Am a Person Who Sets Goals...and Accomplishes Them.

Why Action Runner is Brilliant.

How I am Going to Become More Awesome in Business.

The Satisfaction of Crossing a Life Goal Off the List.

Nothing super clever, this I realize. I was sitting in MGM Grand Garden Arena today listening to Jasmine Star speak (cross that one off the list!) and she said something that has stuck with me. I don't believe it was her point-but it stuck nonetheless. She said when she sits down to write, she has a really hard time coming up with the title. And to me, that's a bit like life. If I am living a story and I am trying to be intentional about the way my story is unfurling, then I should have a fabulous working title. But how do you squeeze your life down to the little bits that make themselves into a working title? If your life is unimportant and being lived without purpose-you have a pretty boring story and thus an even worse title for it.

This hotel has a special place in my heart. *N Sync, now WPPI. Thanks MGM.


Losing $. Lost a whole dollar to this one!

I got to meet Jessica Claire, she came up with the shootsac. Super cool product and she was super nice!

Jasmine Star presenting...more to come on this experience later.  For now, it was awesome.
Wow, super rambly post-I can't make the brilliant phrases stick together tonight, my brain is on overload. How about a few images from the adventures so far.

Comments

Jim Davis Hicks said…
my vote is "Why ActionRunner is Brilliant!!!!"

:)

Popular Posts