Goldthwaite, a week and a half later.

Has it really been so long since I've blogged? Yikes! Here marks my return to the land of the blog.

I have some exciting things coming up....a Christmas special, a redesigned blog....be excited.

For now, a list of things that have been going on in my world.

Between Wagon Wheel, El Tapatio, and Peabody's restaurant, I don't know if I have a favorite local joint yet. They are all AMAZING. What Goldthwaite lacks in quantity, it makes up for in quality!

I got a Kindle for my birthday! Since I am a reader, I am super nerdy excited about downloading books. Can you believe it holds up to 10,000 books? Amazing!

I am still training for the San Antonio marathon in November. I ran 6 miles on Sunday, the furthest I have ever run. It was hard, but not impossible.

Izzy is getting settled into her new home quite well. So far, her favorite things are digging holes in the yard, chasing bugs, and sitting in the chair on the porch. That last one is new. I'll have to sneak a picture of her.

About 95% of the boxes are unpacked. We have a couple odds and ends that don't fit and I haven't figured out quite what to do with them. Other than that, our new little home has become very homey.

I love Goldthwaite! It's beautiful country here. Green trees, big rolling hills, lots of sheep and goats to laugh at. The town is precious, and we feel very welcomed. We've been here a week and a half and we're already running into people we know every place we go. I love it!

My birthday is this week. We have fun things planned every day this week. Tomorrow we have friends coming over for dinner (yay!), Wednesday we're shooting fireworks with previously mentioned friends, Thursday is the big day and sweet husband John is planning something and won't tell me, and then the weekend brings a trip to Albuquerque and fun time with family!

John is talking with the city manager about designing a disc golf course at the city park. He's so cool.

That's all for now, keep checking, I promise I'll post more!

Comments

Unknown said…
LOL...Jarn and disc golf! He's so cool!! I am super excited for you about your Kindle!! On top of all that...I AM SO PROUD OF YOU!! 6 MILES!! YOU ROCK CHELSEA LYNN GILES!! I LOVE YOU!

Popular Posts