Blogging is tough!

When I started my 40 days of blogging, I didn't realize that summertime and vacations would make it tough to be consistent. I hate that I've already missed so many days. I would like to point out though, that every time I haven't blogged it's only because I have no internet connection.

So we just got back from Schlitterbahn in New Braunfels a couple of hours ago. We had a total blast, what's better than hanging out with entertaining teenagers at a 70 acre waterpark for 2 days? Not much, I can tell you that. It was an educational trip, if nothing else. Here are some things I learned.

-off brand sunscreen doesn't work as well as the brand name. it's worth the extra dollar for the Banana Boat.

-"Beast" can be used as a verb. "Dude, I totally beasted that game." This is a good thing.

-I can't stand "screamo" music. Google Devil Wears Prada and you'll probably agree with me. And they're a Christian version of this "musical" genre. Yikes.

-Anytime a large group of boys, regardless of age, gets together-someone will get hurt wrestling.

-Lubbock is not even close to being humid. South Texas is the definition of humid. This might be the only reason I love the landscape here. No trees=No humidity. Worth it? Question mark.


I'm still trying to get motivation to run tonight. I got up early and ran on Thursday morning and that made 3 days in a row without skipping. Friday is a rest day, and so today I need to pick it back up to earn my star. I've been so proud of myself, but I want nothing more than to take a hot bath and go to bed early in my own bed. Dang commitment.

Comments

Danielle said…
:) Great post- Go run if you can- it will be sooo worth it and that long hot bath will feel even SWEETER after the knowledge that you were disciplined to go run!

Luv you!
Unknown said…
I totally know what you are talking about...I have been traveling every weekend since the day we started this 40 days of blogging...I never knew this was such a commitment! Way to stick with it pretty lady!

Popular Posts